Monday, October 13, 2008

You learn something new every day

I learned today "Miss Ann" is a term for a "woman of European descent who runs a household which employs female workers of African descent to perform tasks such as cooking, cleaning, ironing, etc."  Basically it's a term for a racist white bitch who took advantage of cheap black labor in the south, maybe even during slave times, and is a very negative term.  

Dammit!  

Until now I was only always embarrassed by the term "red-headed step child," since I literally was a red headed step child growing up!  NOW me, super white ANN, fits the definition of TWO shitty cliches.  Granted I personally don't employ black people but I am super white and my name is Ann, that's bad enough.



1 comment:

morepunx said...

Miss Ann,

See definition of Misanthrope.