Friday, October 3, 2008

Knock knock knocking on heaven's door

I am sort of a morbid person, that kinda happens to you if you lose someone close to you when you are a kid. But lately I feel like death is getting closer and closer to me! EEERRRIIEEEE!

There have been two fatal shootings on Treat Ave, my street, in the last two months. So, that sucks. Then, this 28 year old guy got hit by a drugged tranny at 21st and Mission at 8AM in the morning last weekend. The poor dude was just walking to work! 21st is my cross street. Finally, this SF girl was killed in New Orleans, where my sister lives. That's tragic. I only recently went to NO and get this- the girl was 25 like me and her birthday was Jan 22- she was two days older than me. And only yesterday Killian and I were discussing a cross country road trip, which is similar to what this girl was doing.

Luckily there are some LESSONS LEARNED- don't deal drugs on the street, don't join the Hell's Angels, don't walk on Mission Street and always be aware of traffic (don't turn iPod up too high) and finally, don't ride my bike through the Ninth ward in the middle of the night.

I don't really think I'm going to die today or tomorrow (knock on wood) but tragic deaths like these remind me to make the most of this life! Kids, wear your helmets, don't get too wasted and start fights, don't join motorcycle gangs, and always watch your back. Let's make it to at least 45 when its more about cancer and heart attacks.



No comments: