Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Reality killed the Video Star

Wow, MTV sucks. I know this isn't news but I watched the VMAs yesterday a la DVR and I did a lot of fast forwarding. It's a shadow of what it once was.

I couldn't decide if maybe it always sucked and I grew out of it, or if it just sucks now. I've decided it was probably bad when I liked it, but it's definitely gotten worse. They don't show videos anymore, and the small stable of stars they work hard to promote mostly suck- Pink?! I didn't know she ever became famous and wow, that song of hers is absolutely horrendous. I'm guessing she wrote this song herself and thought it was super good.

lots of what's wrong with society

At least in the original Real World, they attempted to deal with issues like race, AIDs, homosexuality and world events. Now basically everything promotes a heavy consumerist life style of being rich and beautiful. It's so empty it's not even entertaining. I think the only show I sometimes watch on MTV is their True Life series. Death to MTV!




No comments: